Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Popular Fox 5 Anchor Arrested on DUI charges

 
 
 
I grew up in Georgia, and my grandmother was avid watcher of Fox 5 news, so I would say I grew up watching Amanda Davis each and every evening. So imagine my surprise when I read that she was arrested. On DUI charges. Oh no sweet Jesus. It kinda feels like your favorite auntie that everyone admired and looked up to, ran up on some trouble.

Davis was arrested early Sunday morning near Piedmont Park, which is midtown Atlanta. According to Atlanta Police Sgt. Gregory Lyon, upon arriving on the scene it seemed that Davis’s greet Fiat had collided with a black Toyota. It appeared that Davis had been driving the wrong way, according to 11alive.com

Davis did admit that she had indeed been drinking but refused a field sobriety test. The DUI officer deemed that she was impaired for driving, confiscated her license and  was taken to jail.

She was also charged with reckless driving and failure to maintain lane.

Here’s something I didn’t know: Davis had been arrested for similar charges back in 1991. Oh.

This is sad to hear and I really hope things work out for her. Stay tuned for further developments
 

No comments:

Post a Comment