Thursday, January 2, 2014

Dog Diaries: Dwayne Wade Has a Baby on Gabrielle Union




Welp, for certain people, 2014 is going to be an interesting year. Everything seemed peachy keen when a few weeks ago, Dwayne Wade finally proposed to his longtime girlfriend, actress Gabrielle Union, whom he had been reportedly dating since 2009. Wade proposed during a Christmas party on December 21, and Wade posted a pic of the ring on Instagram saying "She said Yes!"

So imagine when myself, and I'm sure a few others were scratching their heads when on December 30, there were reports that Wade had a fathered a newborn son that was born on November 10.

Oh. ummm.. ok.

The child's name is Xavier Zechariah Wade and the mother is 30-year-old Aja Metoyer. Wade is not listed as the father on the birth certificate but clearly has his last name, which was obtained by gossip site TMZ.

So all this was going on about six weeks before his proposal and once he proposed, he stated
"“In our time apart, in our break, in our pain and our hurt, a blessing came out of it in my life, having a son who was born healthy,” Wade said. “I got a chance to see him,” Wade said. “I’m involved in my kids’ lives, you know. When my kids lived at home with me, when they weren’t living at home with me, I tried to do everything I could to see them.”

Time apart Wade?  Uh-huh. So of course the blogs were a buzz just trying to see if there was an exactly a "break".

TMZ uncovered the following:

On February 5th Gabrielle was Instagramming about Wade ... posting a photo of the NBA star cuddled up with her dog Sasha along with caption, "Sasha don't play when it comes to her man... 'Down to ride 'til the very end, it's me and my boyfriend.'"



A couple of days before that (on Feb. 1), Gabrielle posted a romantic photo of the couple together from a photo shoot for a "Flashback Friday."

Doesn't seem like a couple on a break ... 

There's more ... on February 19th, Gabby posted another pic of Dwyane holding one of her scripts ... with the caption, "It takes a village to help an actress learn her lines... @dwyanewade takin a break from his Gatorade commercial to give me a line reading. Thanks coach :)"


The pattern continues until April ... when Gabby stopped posting pics of Dwyane and started posting a bunch of sad cryptic quotes. One reads, "We cannot start over, but we can begin now, and make a new ending." Another says, "Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were."




Listen, I understand that relationships have their ups and downs, trials and tribulations, but to father a child outside of the relationship and then ask me to marry you? You could've keep that proposal and at least tried to move forward and work on the relationship before you throw proposals all everywhere, to save face maybe? Chile, he already has odds against him being a basketball player and most cheat, and he effs up and has a child on you and then proposes? Tuh. If that ain't a red flag, I don't know what is. But you can't help who you love but Gabby, girl, you too fly for that ish......

Aside from my side-eyeing, also check out a pic of the baby mother below. OH, and before I forget, did I mention this Aja chick also has two kids by Damon Wayans, Jr.? Somebody is on the groupie come up I suppose.....





No comments:

Post a Comment