Monday, January 14, 2013

What's a Girl To Do? Nicki Minaj's Hairstylist Quits




Welp, looks like someone got fed up with all those damn multiple personalities Nick's got going on. Her hairstylist, Terrance Davidson quit after three years of being apart of her team. He's responsible for her crazy eccentric styles that basically helped build the Nicki Minaj brand. And talk about bad timing honey,  since she's got tons of appearances coming up on American Idol. I mean damn, I thought it was just me when I saw her going back to her older, signature bang and all black hair. I had simply become accustomed to some crazy, lopsided looking wigs..... Rumor has it that there were "creative differences" going on amongst the camps, and if it's not all the bits of crazy tantrums she has been rumored to throw, maybe her camp is trying to tone  down her image a bit.(especially after that snub from the grammys and wack feud with Mariah Carey.  Anywhoo, Davidson released a statement:

“I would like to inform the media and supporters that I’ve decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj. It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energize my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, ‘how-to’ lectures and hair show development. I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who’ve expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013”
   
           via Necolebitchie.com
 Me personally, I liked all the craziness she did with her hair, but since she is on American Idol, maybe she should tone it down more because she is not the center of the show. Plus I think she looks more naturally pretty with normal cuts and styles right now. Save that for the next album/ tour and I'm sure you will be right on track with the hair we have come to know and love.

                

       

No comments:

Post a Comment